Saturday, July 10, 2010

Fit For Life 2010

The Start line. I am three rows back in the BSU hat
All the half marathoners

After I finished strutting my stuff


Crossing the finish line at home plate Hawks Stadium



I did it.
I finished 13.1 miles today in 2 hours and 9 minutes. Without a second of walking, not even at the hydration stations.
It was amazing! I felt so proud, happy, strong, and excited.
I was nervous all the way up until I got to the race and got stretched out. I talked to a girl who was racing for the first time too. My nerves were really settled by time the air horn went off to let us start, I had just seen my Mom, Aunt and Cousin who came to cheer me on.
I am not sure how many half marathoners there were. There were a lot who passed me in the beginning, and I ran by myself almost the entire way. Until the last two miles when I picked it up a little and decided no body else was gonna make it by me. Hell or high water I was going to pass and beat those 6 people who were close with me.

I have no idea how many people I beat, or how many beat me. I was glad to have made it in under 10 minute miles, but was hoping secretly to make it below 2 hours. Maybe next time I will train my body to move a little quicker.

It was so empowering to finish 13 miles. I have been busting my butt since January 1st and it felt great to put all my training to work. My body pushed through for me today and performed. It feels beyond great to have set a goal and accomplished it. I am so happy.

What a great day!
I was 6th place out of 10 in my age group and 128th overall, I think there were aprox 270 half marathoners

4 comments:

Amy Jo Tucker said...

it is a great day Teri!!! So excited for you! Congrats to you! That is such a great accomplishment! You are so awesome! Such a fast time too! You're a marathon runner now! woohoo! you are so great. Glad it went well and you had fun! Thats amazing! Yeah!!!!

Aubrey said...

Way to go, Teri! You're awesome and inspiring.

Carrie said...

GREAT JOB I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!! Way to have a competitive edge and catch those six way to freakin go!

Kerr Family said...

Congratulations! That is such a huge accomplishment!!!