Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Blogging


Hey friends! Remember me? I am Teri, the girl who created this blog in 2009. I am getting realllllll close to 32 my friends and it's just crazy to me how much life has changed in the past 8 years.

I want to get back to blogging and I want to sort of branch out from my fitness and health world but I am having a hard time deciding how to do that best. I don't want to lose my branding from my gym (Oh heyyy, did I tell you I opened my own personal training studio in 2014)? But I also sometimes just want to be Teri, the girl who tells it like it is and the girl who has interests and passions besides just fitness and weight loss.

So many things have changed over the years so I will recap:
My husband changed careers.
We built a personal training studio business which I operate.
Clearly the kids are getting old (10 and 8!)
We got two goldendoodles.
I quit the Mormon Church.
I found a new church.
My husband and daughter are still active in the Mormon church.
I have gained a substantial amount of weight. (That's me, currently, pictured above)
I went off of Prozac. To find I miss Prozac. To find it makes me sweat uncontrollably.
I started counciling.
We started counciling.
I am learning to budget.
We are just starting some renovations to our home we built in 2005.
I am crazy in love with my husband and we sometimes envision punching each other in the throat but neither of us would have it any other way.
I have body image issues, and always have, but am learning more about them and trying to treat them.

So basically life is much the same but much different. I have been doing doctoring for the last two years trying to get a handle on my health and my weight, which of course has been a huge source of shame and sadness for me. I think I am finally at my final destination with all that, and have a doctor I think has things figured out so I am about to embark on a cleanse (if you knew me before, or you know me now you KNOW I despise cleanses) that is supposed to clear my gut as it is basically rotting with yeast and fungus as we speak. Which is disgusting and embarrassing. Because, gross.

I am constantly working on myself and trying to be better, stronger, more content and more mindful...while balancing my need for quiet nothing time too.

Basically my life is like many other 30 something's. I am constantly reinventing myself and trying to refine exactly who Teri is, and who she will be... and I love to share all that with the world because giving myself power to be exactly who I am today, I feel helps others feel stronger and more able to be exactly who they are too. And I think God really likes that about me, and you--when we are exactly who we were meant to be. Unapologetically.

I want to start that new blog, to encompass all that. BUT how do I do that exactly and what shall I call it? And also, how can I profit a bit from it, because as we all know I did it for YEARS with no monetary gain. Well now I want to be real, raw, open and honest but I also want to see a little frutation from it also, in order to practice getting better at budgeting the said money, I don't budget well. The one thing I will promise you now, here, dear Reader is no matter how much money was ever offered to me my integrity matters most-- I would never, and have never led anyone purposefully down an untrue path. My opinions, suggestions, affiliates, links etx will only reflect my truth. I can assure you of that.

So far I have it narrowed down to
Real Talk with Teri
Deeply Rooted with Teri
Simply Grounded
Forever Real & Raw
Unapologetically Real
The Truth and Nothing but it...

Oh. Ps. My studio is called Forever Fit.

Any advice or opinions? I'd love to hear it! Any topics you want to me to talk about first? As always, I am always listening... Find me on facebook or Instagram!

3 comments:

Teri said...

Testing

Allison said...

How about "Forever Real with Teri" ? That still ties it in with your gym branding.

Teri said...

Allison I like That! I'm still playing with it I am kinda like unapologetically me, today! We will see♡