Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How many times?



I have a confession to make.

I only record my weight each week after I weigh in on Friday morning on my Christmas Weight Watchers scale. I weigh in first thing in the morning after I feed the baby, pump the rest of my milk, go to the bathroom, and I DO NOT eat or drink a thing after I go to bed on Thursday night. That is my bare minimum wieght and the only day that I follow that whole ritual is Friday morning.

However, I typically weigh my self atleast three times everyday. Once in the morning, and always at night but the times in between there vary. I like to do it after a work out, before I want to eat something bad that I know I shouldn't, and sometimes just to see what the heck that little scale will say.

Some people might say that's obsessive. Maybe it is. It isn't like my weight loss is excessive, so I think for now weighing myself many times a day works for me.

It keeps me in check too, I know if my number has gone up too much during the afternoon, I need to be more careful that evening. If my number stays fairly consistant, I know I have a little wiggle room with what I eat.

I know people who are daily, weekly, and others who never step on the scale, but manage their weight by the way their clothes fit.

How many times do you weigh in?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Since I don't have a scale I weigh myself once a week at my dad's. This week I had a doctors appointment and was weighed on their nice scale. I went directly to my parents afterwards to weigh myself to see if there was a discrepency. There was - 4 lbs. I don't know if the doctors scale is spot on, but I generally consider them to be more accurate. It doesn't change the amount of weight I have lost since I always use my dad's scale, but when it comes to the actual number I weigh more than I thought.

The Shaffer's said...

You can add me to the obsessive bracket too. I like you want to keep a close eye on it so I know how much I need to be keeping it all in check.

Teri said...

I hate that stupid scale at ALL doctors offices! They are totally wrong I don't care what anyone says!! ;o)
Plus, you have all your clothes and shoes and everything on.