Thursday, April 4, 2013

Swim Suit Shopping Sucks

Let's be honest. We all think that when we lose X amount of weight. We are going to be happy. All clothes are going to fit us perfectly, and we are going to feel like a sexy beast every single day.

Yah, that doesn't happen does it? You get to your goal and you think "Hmmm, I could lose X more." or "If only my stomach would tighten up (or butt or arms or whatever your spot is)"

So if you have been diligent in your goals since January 1, you have been working on making your body into a leaner machine and you are almost 4 months in. Most of you are feeling really good. Progress has obviously been made, you are getting more concrete in your new healthy lifestyle. So you decide, it's the day to do it.

It's the day to try on swim suits.

You get like 75 different pieces, because you don't know if you are a medium or a large in a top or a bottom. Grab some one pieces --they are all the rage right now. Grab some others just so you don't have to come back from that dressing room again. (As soon as you get in the room and find the top you like, the bottom is the wrong size huh? That ALWAYS happens to me!! WHY is that?!(

Out of the 75 suits you tried on, you like 50. But on YOU, you like 2-- kinda. And even those two you are thinking to yourself "I have so much more work to do." "My butt is too big for this one" "My stomach bulges here".

This is how my journey started.
Shopping trip one:








Shopping trip two:




Shopping Trip 3






Soooo, remember that time I did a figure show? Yah, that was like one of 5 times I have ever worn a two piece in public. I really want to be confident in that two piece swim suit but I am just so self conscious of my loose skin on my stomach. My kids are also getting a little older and I don't really want to be like all falling out of my top with them , ya know. So I have the hardest time making a decision!!

I have a few tips for when you do your shopping though:
1. Go earlier in the day when you feel less bloated from your daily food
2. Do your hair and your make up. Don't go in after the gym, don't go in real quick. Go in and plan to take some time to try on and make sure you feel good about yourself the day you are going.
3. NEVER. NEVER. NEVER go the week before your period. (nuff said?!)
4. Bring your camera phone so you can take a quick picture, sometimes things look better in a picture than your TRICKY TRICKY eyes tell you they do in the mirror.


That's all I got.

But my cousin gave me this advice tonight. She said, all those suits look good on you--but the one that is going to look the best is the one you decide to wear with confidence. I have heard that a million times before, confidence is sexy. Confidence is attractive.

So I decided I am going to wear one of these, with confidence. Not sure which yet. But one I will wear... (opinions...surely!! Send em my way baby!!) Whichever I do choose I am going to pretend like I am a freaking runway model and forget about it. I am going to feel good about the work I put into my physique year round--accept that some of the parts of my body aren't my favorite, while still appreciating them for what they are and how they make me, me.
Then you know what I am going to do? I am gonna rock that friggin suit like nobody's business up in the water park with my babies. I am going to splash, and lay out, and teach them to swim, and slide and every other thing in the entire water park, besides worry about how I look.
Aint nobody got time fo' dat!!!

(Atleast my kids don't. And if I want them to be confident in their swim suits, mama better start working a little harder to be confident in hers right?
Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.8

6 comments:

Rachel Looney said...

Trip 3. Red top. Black bottoms. Love it! (and the rest of them too but that's my favorite!)

Teri said...

Thanks Rachel!!! You're the best :)

Marcel & MaryBeth said...

I agree with Rachel...where did you look for swimsuits? I need a new one (or two) bad

Lisa said...

I think you look absolutely DE-LISH in the blue or black retro ones from trip #3! Va-va-voom!!!!! Yeah, girl!

Anonymous said...

I'm voting blue from shopping trip 3! I think blue looks great on you!

Teri said...

I this is why you should only buy one, cuz now I want to keep the blue retro and the red top black bottom. Thanks for the help ladiez!!! I mean, I do go to the water lark a lot soooooo...maybe two is totally necessary?!?!?
Jcpenny trip 2 and trip 3!