Thursday, March 1, 2012

March Madness Baby

Oh ya,
this trainer girl is fired up and ready to watch some people bust their butts and make some amazing progress in the month of March.
MARCH!! You are working on yourself in MARCH!! That is TWO months from swim suit season, and TWO months from when you set your resolution to finally get in the best shape of your life. Give yourself a big freaking high ass five because most people have quit their resolution, and wont think about it again until JUNE JULY AND AUGUST and then not again until JANUARY 1.
DEFY those odds. Today is the day to walk towards the person you want to become, and the person you want to look like.

Baby steps. Today is the day. Don't wait, don't look in the mirror sad or depressed because BABY WE ARE MAKING CHANGES! As a wise friend says, "you can't be sad when you are fixing it."
You are worth it.

Repeat it here,

You are worth it.

My tid bit of knowledge for you today is make sure you are eating the right amount of calories! I am giving each of you individualized meal suggestions, but you need to be sure you are at the right amount of calories. A good rule of thumb is taking your goal weight multiply by 10, and if you are lifting heavy heavy weights, add 400 ish calories, if you are doing no exercise.. .stick to the original number, moderate exercise add 200 ish.

I am not a calorie nazi and I myself HATE counting calories, so I don't. But I have in the past, and I am now at the point where I have taught my body what my caloric goal should be and I know about what to eat and when to hit my range. If you have never counted calories, I highly recommend signing up on sparkpeople.com or livefit.com. It is free, it will take you through a series of questions and it will give you a target calorie rate you can adjust (see how their goal range looks against what I recommended) and count your calories for a few days to get the hang of what, and how much you are eating.

Next tid bit. Drink water, then drink more of it. I am suggesting you all atleast drink 12 regular size glasses a day. No less than 100 ounces is ok with me, ever.

Please refer to this post for some meal suggestions I have for you
http://poundpinching2010.blogspot.com/2011/12/for-my-bootcampers.html
and this one for an amazeballs lunch idea
http://poundpinching2010.blogspot.com/2012/02/holding-out.html

2 comments:

Rose said...

Just an FYI I am really enjoying reading over your blog...it's like a health magazine or something. I love the posts and the comments.

Teri said...

Thanks Rose! I am glad you are reading!! I have enjoyed keeping this up with my ramblings!! :_)