Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Motivation Block

Every time I am at the gym or training clients it seems like this burst of creative motivation comes to me and I want to blog about it, so I can share my inspirations with you and maybe help you through your journey. It seems like this creative help used to come much easier to me and I rarely would have a time that I couldn't "not" think of something to share.

That was before meal plans and training schedules for my clients I guess. It takes me a while to get everyone's schedules and food all articulated out and by time I am done-- one of the kids is up from nap time, hungry, needs to go to the bathroom, or wants to "hod me." Balance has never been my strongest suit but I am trying my damdest to get this all figured out-- being most efficient with my clients and keeping my family as my number one priority. These babies of mine will only be 4 and 2 for a few more months.

Which leads to my lack of creativity by time I get on the computer at 10 pm. (Bed time is 10 pm for me so it's like "nothing is coming" at that point in the day.

On my week long vacation last week I enjoyed more food than I have in a year! I had a few fried things and a dessert almost every day. I was just sure the scale would go crazy, but I didn't want to worry about it so I really tried hard not to think about it. We exercised every day but one, but just did it for fun. I ran stairs, jogged, jumped, hiked and I enjoyed it so much. I had a built in workout partner because my aunt who is 50 almost--totally keeps up with me and even beats me sometimes was there.

Can you believe the scale went down 3 lbs? It's just pure craziness. I think some of the issue with weight gain and loss is just the stress that we put on ourselves over it-- and it causes our bodies to hold on to extra lbs. I felt really good about this because my relationship with food is improving daily and I am realizing that it is absolutly ridiculous to associate fear, guilt, and and anxiety over it-- especially when there are "real" things that deserve my time and attention (kids, husband, government, charity, church etc). That doesn't mean I think you or I should just eat to eat, or eat crap. It means that I think you and I should eat whole, nutritious, clean foods that will fuel or bodies and keep us full-- so we can focus on the really important things in life, and maximize our capabilities to perform whatever it is you like (pull ups, stair climbing, hiking, lifting heavy a$$ shiz for me!)

I got some new kicks in Atlanta, new Saucony's something or other. I don't know what they are called and I'd love to post a nice pic for you to see-- but I wasted about 15 minutes trying to figure it out with no luck. Phone to computer issues. I also got a cute new PINK Army tank top and it is so funny how it made me want to get in the gym and work harder.

Feel bored of the gym?!

Get some new get up and it might just make you more excited to go... (or does that only happen to me?!)

I also set a new PR today!!! GET THIS!!!-- I have been TERRRRRIFIED of this thing called UNDER DOGS. You know what I am talking about? The things where you push your kid so high you have to go under their butt then feet and out the other side of the swing. Well, everyone and their DOG has been doing this with my kids but I have been too scared to get kicked or hit or whatever. NOT TODAY FRIENDS!! I put on my big girl panties and I just felt the surge of ambition and I tried it-- and I ROCKED that underdog like nobody's business. My 4 year old yelled across the park (I was pushing her brother) "MOM!!! YOU DID IT!!!" I was totally like-- "I KNOW!! I WAS SO BRAVE HUH BUG?!?!"

Add about 10 a those to my shoulder workout today and I think I might be a bit sore tomorow. Functional training folks, I lift heavy-- I run fast-- so I can be the best mom I can be. And I can do underdogs, so I get to be their hero for another day.

Point to take home-- train hard, eat clean and focus on the things in life that truly matter! Exercise and good nutrition keep you healthy, happy and increase your chances of being around a little longer to see the things that are most important to YOU-- like your family. Take care of you, cuz no one else is going to!





1 comment:

Sable Weisman said...

New workout clothes totally motivate me too!!! Cute tank =)