Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Greenbelt

What a beautiful path! I loved running today and was wishing more than once that we lived closer to Boise. It seems like it is so much more of an "Active" lifestyle there. People running/walking/biking everywhere! It was very invigorating. And the fact that it took my 30 minutes to drive to my running path shows me that I wont be doing that very often!

I ran, can't say exactly how far because I have yet to invest in one of those gps things, which is a bit annoying when I want details. But, I do know that I ran the whole trail, atleast 11 miles, and I did that in 2 hrs 2 mins.

I wanted to stop several times. My hips mostly were feeling the pressure. I ran with my new "fairy," as in lame, fanny pack with water holder. It was super obnoxious for the first 3 miles, then it kinda settled in to my chub pockets and was a nice treat to actually have water/my cell phone at reach. I also tried the jelly belly carb/electrolyte repacement today. Liked them MUCH MUCH better than that nasty GU crap.

I drank all my water and had to run to the Texaco across the street to get some water and a gatorade when I was done. I was feeling good, a little numb at that point but fine enough to sit back in the car again.

Then it hit me, I had run my guts out (literally) and I wasn't sure if I needed to poo my pants (TMI SORRY!) or throw up all over the place. I was behind every freeking slow "Sunday" driver there was coming home, and of course my stomach felt fine all the way up to the point of no return, where there was no more gas stations. I kept praying and praying I could hold what was left of my guts in my stomach until I made it home. Lucky lucky because I barely made it before I let loose. I will spare you the details.

My brother in law told me once that you know you had a hard core work out if you feel like that afterwards. Well, folks, it felt good to have a hard core work out today.

Now nap time for all, and a little Roaring Springs respite for the evening with the family!

1 comment:

Amy Jo Tucker said...

wow Teri!!!!! That is amazing! Good job! Can't believe 11 miles! How fun to run in Boise, I want to live there too! Lets both move! :)Anyway, good job! Thanks for being a good example to me!!