Saturday, August 13, 2011

Cheater

So glad I am the new Teri who doesn't go crazy and eat like a freak when she has emotions like :happiness, sadness, anger, frustration or any other feeling.

The new Teri just gets mad and writes mean blogs. Then she stews about it for a bit, and eventually she gets over it. The new Teri also likes to workout after angering events in her life happen, but unfortunatly my body didn't have juice for another 2 hour workout so I called it a day.

I got the loving words from my trainer today again... cheat meal baby!!!

Ya I did it up right this time.

Last week was a let down, I ate a banana with penut butter (Actually, there may have been 2 bananas involved.) (don't judge, the only fruit I eat right now is apples) a little dry spinach salad with strawberry's and a small, plain hamburger on a whole wheat bun. I mean it was ok, but it just didn't live up to my expectations.

Well TODAY!!! My friends I was ready. I was prepared. Plan went like this, banana and penut butter with a few walnuts for appetizer. And then some chips and salsa and steak tacos from my favorite Mexican restaurant.

Well, in the moment it was bombfreaking.com I tell YOU!!!!!!! O-2-the-m-Gosh it was heaven. I thought to myself several times during my appetizer that I don't know why I ever wanted ice cream or pie because banana plus penut butter plus walnuts all sliced up is like pure heaven in a white bowl. I mean. Hmmmm, it was sorta like the best thing I have eaten in a month. Really, that good. I might have a little obsession with it. I can't even keep bananas in the house right now. Only on Saturday a few can be boughten, kids and hubby can have them Saturday or Sunday. No other days are acceptable during prep time.

Mexican food was GOOD. I mean, not as down right ghetto fabulous as my appetizer but it was still good. Beat the heck outta my chicken, rice and broccoli lunch I am not going to lie.

But then I had to stand up from that table and walk to the car. IT HURT. I mean, I didn't go crazy and eat like 3 baskets of chips. My hubs and I shared 1 basket, and I ate 3 tacos. I always eat 3 tacos. Ohhhhhh,,,, the pain in my stomach. I wish I had had the camera because if someone would have seen it, they'd a been talkin smack behind my back speculating if it was a boy or a girl in my oven.

My trainer said that is normal. When your body isn't used to processing those carbohydrates that our bodies don't really need, they then get a bit confused upon trying to process them. There is more science behind these cheat meals than I can remember but my guru says they are good for my metabolism and I say they keep me from jumping off a cliff. Each day my meals are fairly routine and sometimes, the only thing getting me to get that chicken and asparagus down my throat is the fact that in __ days I get to have me some whatever the heck I want.

Anywho, thought I should document the good, bad and the ugly cuz if I were a newby (ha, like I am not now) and I were researching whether I wanted to do a figure competition, I would want to know the dirt. Not just the "ohh, ahhh, I have nice muscles, I have a nice painted on tan, and fake nails and look like the HOTTEST dang barbie you have ever seen" (wow, I am really getting a little crazy tonight. Could be the carbs.)

Well, until the next time I get a cheat meal, in one week. It's back to protein, veggies, and not nearly as much healthy fat as I like. :o) Which reminds me I said this to Big Jon the other day.....

"Hey, how about I get a little more almond butter in my life, and a little less olive oil."

He said "ya, probably not."

It was worth a shot. I got a pickle outta him when I told him I thought I was gonna eat my own arm. A girl has gotta do what a girl has gotta do.

No comments: