Thursday, August 25, 2011

Dear You,

Have you ever walked into a store and looked at the very first thing you saw... realizing it had horizontal stripes on it-- and if you wanted to, you could wear it looking good?

Have you ever looked through a sales rack and been able to buy almost anything you wanted because there are so many smalls on clearance?

Have you ever looked at clearance bikinis and thought, "I could wear that, that or that?"

Have you ever picked out a whole outfit and bought it with out trying it on? Because, you know that you can in fact wear just about anything?

Have you ever regretted eating chicken, brown rice and broccoli for lunch everyday for 4 weeks?

I can say yes to all of these things today. The last one, the chicken thing... I decided today, at the store, that I don't regret. The food I am eating is fuel for my body, it fills the void as I heard my incredibly smart Aunt say one time.

For the first time in 25 years, and I am not exagerating, I have walked in and out of a store knowing that I can wear absolutly anything I want and it will more than likely look good on my body. The color may not be good, the style may not be good, but it will fit. And a small or medium will for sure fit. I have cried in dressing rooms, I have left determined to starve myself to lose weight, I have tried on 30 pairs of jeans and not found one pair that complimented my figure in my lifetime.

I am not saying this to be conceited, or egotistical. This is the product of intense training and nutrition that fuels my body. I have hard days, obviously, see yesterdays post. But today is a good day. Where I feel so grateful that I have been lead to people who have helped me look the way I have never thought possible to look, and where I feel as beautiful on the outside as I have always on the inside.

So yes, I do get bored of eggs, chicken, spinach and protein shakes. I do get bored, AND terribly angry at the stupid stair climber. But I do not get bored of seeing my husband get a grin when someone says "whose wife is that?" at his new job. I do not get bored of knowing I can wear horizontal stripes on a shirt. I do not get bored of knowing I can wear a two piece if and when I feel like it. I do not get bored of being able to outlift half the guys at my gym. I do not get bored of feeling good in the skin the good Lord gave me. I do not get bored of hearing my baby girl say "Mommy, you have big muscles."

I posted a quote last week on facebook, that I think is so true. So important for YOU to get. For YOU to understand. YOU can be whoever you CHOOSE to be. CHOOSE health, CHOOSE to be strong, and fit. CHOOSE to experience the best your body can be. And, if you need help or guidance, let me know.... I have some paying it foward to do!!

No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training… what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." - Socrates

No comments: