Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sunday Rest Day

One question. What do people do with all their time?!

It is Sunday and I decided to skip church because I would be going alone, while my hubs is on shift, with both kids for two straight hours. Have you met my 2 year old? Can you say "kill me now?"

So we went and visited some family thank goodness to get me out of this house I was going nuts. (mmm, nuts... almonds, walnuts, peanuts...) All I have thought about all day is food. Planning out my meals for after show #1, after show #2, then after after. Thanksgiving plans. Checked in with all my friends to see how their cheat meals went (I don't get them anymore fyi, unless I LOOK like I need one to Big Jon... sure wish I saw him everyday at 6 am when I do cardio... He'd be more inclined to give me one I bet).(Another side note, never wearing make up or taking a shower before I meet with him... might help my chances more. I don't care what time training is... 5 pm, Ill take my makeup off right before). :o)

Why is it that I WANT to rock that stage like nobody's business in the hottest, smallest, sparkliest, bluest two piece ever-- but equally want to quit and eat whatever the heck I want whenever the heck I want it. That is what is standing between me and looking nothing less than amazing. This overwhelming love of all things food.

What the heck? It's just food. I know what it ALL tastes like, (trust me in my old life I tried anything, everything, always and rarely would waste a thing). I only have two months left from tomorrow and this is all going to feel like a zillion years behind me.

WHY?! Why is food such an obsession.

I hung out with my cousin for a bit today and she really helped me think about it less. She told me how easy it is to follow her meal plan, and while she is eating a bit different than me it is still strict and the same thing every day. So even that will eventually get boring to me but ANYTHING seems so much better than 1/4 c oats and 1/2 c brown rice for my carbs. I JUST MISS SOME FRIGGIN THICK BREAD OR SOMETHING!!!

I can do this. I am doing this. I own stripper heels, I have a swim suit being cut and made specially for MY body. I am growing muscles, I am staying away from those temptatious foods and I am a figure competitor in training. Food is just that. It's food. I need to stop thinking about it in any other light than the fuel that feeds my process to get to MY destination.


Getto fabulous fitness Momma.

Ya that's me.

Anyway. It would be less hard to stop thinking about food if I was working out for 3 hours as usual, or if I was dropping my 4 year old off at preschool and picking her up. But it's Sunday. My husband is working and I didn't go to church. Which leads me to have WAY too much time on my hands.

So, now I am wondering... what am I going to do when I have all this time back? Will I keep training like this? Will I keep working out twice a day. I kinda like it like that. I definitly wont be doing 1 hr 25 minutes of cardio EVER EVER again. But 2o minutes in the morning, fasted? Maybe. Lift later little cardio right after. Ya, maybe.

I wish I could learn to love the fuel for the process as much as I love the training for the process. That's my goal this week. To enjoy it. To enjoy the process, the whole process. More than likely, I'll never do this again and I will never ever get a whole 2 more months of time focusing MOSTLY on just me. I really should enjoy it. Cuz before long it'll be all about the hubs and kiddos again and I will be the lost one in the background like usual.

Which is ok, because I chose this and I wouldn't choose it any other way if I had to do it again. I love this life. Love this family, and I couldn't be more thankful they put up with me, this getto fabulous fitness mama.

So, all you readers... yes I know about 30 of you who check everyday. What do you do with your time? Are you competitiors? Are you fitness enthusiast? Are you crafters? Are you moms? What do YOU do?

No comments: