Monday, September 12, 2011

Back Pose

Remember how I told you posing is going to be more than half the battle for me?

Well, today I trained with Big Jon and in between shoulder shrug sets I snuck in a few back poses. Out of the 20 I did, I got 2 right. This is one.

I have the hardest time flexing my lats out while keeping my back flat, not pulling my shoulder blades together. It is ridiculously hard for me to feel the correct position. And more often than not, I can only get it right if someone pushes my blades back together while I flex.

Practice makes perfect so I will keep on keepin on.

I practiced walking in my stripper shoes for a good hour today, making dinner for my family, and another family from our ward. I cleaned the kitchen and vaccuumed all 12oo square feet of my downstairs while dodging my 2 year old playing trucks, (which means he was aiming for my "princess" shoes as my 4 year old calls them... she really, really, really likes these shoes... and she would really, really, really like a pair like them so we can be twins).

So I didn't trip, stumble or fall once so I think I must be getting the hang of 5 inch stripper heels. They sure do make my butt look better and higher when I wear them.

Funny how even though I don't have a monthly cycle anymore because of my IUD, I still feel the hormonal shifts monthly. Where I feel bloated and fat one week out of each month. Well that was last week, (could it have had to do with the peanut butter jar as well?... NAAAAH!!!) and I am suprised at how much leaner I feel I look this week all ready. HALLELUJAH!! It could also have to do with the fact that half my menu got taken away from me too... (1/4 c of my oats (WAAAAH), my rice cake (WAAAAH), broccoli (ah, who cares?!), and my afternoon fruit (meh, not that big a deal)

I texted Big Jon this morning and said, after Nov 19th can I have 3/4 c of oats in the am with my egg whites... cuz I feel like I am just gettin started on my breakfast and it is GONE. Dang the bad luck.

haha, he said yes. WOOOHOOOO!! Love me some plain oats with egg whites. Sound disgusting? Take all sodium out of your diet, eat it for one week and it will taste like pure BLISS!!!

Anyway, training went well today. Cardio is going great, I am lifting heavier. My spark is still lit so I am on fire pushing my body and reminding myself each time I feel tempted to eat something I shouldn't....

"the desire to compete well must be stronger than the desire to eat anything."
and..
"figure athletes do not eat to satisfy, they eat to fuel."

and those two things are getting me through pretty well as of today.

No comments: