Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Let the Games Begin

Matt 273.6
Karen 186.4
Brecca 186
Eranda 163.4
Joey 200
Shannon 146
April 162.6
Callie 179.4
Amanda 181.2
Laura 150.6 
By 217.6 
Andrea 178.5

Welcome to the Biggest Loser Competition! I am so glad you are starting this journey to improve your overall health, increase your fitness abilities, and get rid of some extra weight. I do not take this challenge lightly and I hope that you wont either. I will be as dedicated as you are, helping any way that I can.
I ask that you remain committed to me for two months. Really give it your best shot, asking for help when you need it and implementing what you are learning. I want this to be your year that you look at yourself in the mirror in July and think "I really did it this time, I changed my life....and then I want you to tell yourself you are a bad A$$ motha who deserves to be loved and proud of your accomplishments!" 
If being fit and at a healthy weight, everyone would do it right? It isn't easy. Sometimes it is inconvenient and sometimes it is a major pain in the butt--but at the end of the day, your desire to succeed has to be stronger than the urge to skip a workout to watch Real Housewives of Atlanta, or stronger than the urge for those peanut M & M's. I am not an advocate of the saying--"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels..." But I am a strong advocate of the one I made up--
"Nothing tastes as good as being strong and fit feels."
I don't care what your goals are...to lose 10 lbs, to tone up, to just look in the mirror and be proud, I want to help you get there. The best way I can help you is by communicating with you. I had one challenger stop by my gym just to chat about some realistic goals. It took 15 minutes of my time and I was happy to help her--and I am willing to do that with each of you as well. I need you to be accountable to returning my weekly check in emails, I can't help you tweak what I don't know is going on. Be honest with me, we are all human and I have been where you are. I know that you're gonna mess up, and I know you will probably beat yourself up over it way more than anyone else could. I am here to support you, and help you find joy in your journey. Let me do that, by communicating promptly and efficiently with me.
Most of all, remember that at the end of this--you will all be winners. You will all be lighter, you will all be more confident, you will all be more healthy. You will be the same AMAZING person you are now...but I am willing to bet... that you will have an extra bounce in your step and your shoulders will stand a little taller.
Thank you for trusting me to help guide you and I can't emphasize enough that I want to be able to help. Text or email/ me anytime. All communication needs to be done by email at fitchickmom@hotmail.com or by text so I can stay organized and efficient on my end of the desk!
Happy New Year! Happy New you!! 
Teri

No comments: