Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Motivation

So I haven't posted in a while... obviously. I kinda think there are only two of you who ever look at this blog and I was sorta getting sick of posting. Then I realized I was noticing a pattern. Lack of blog posts, lack of motivation, lack of staying on track, lack of happy Teri, lack lack lack.

I have made a few decisions, a few things I am willing to change about my health over the next few weeks.
I will post my weight again every Friday, rain or shine
I will limit my soda intake to 1 a day if I drink out at a restaurant or Sonic, or 2 cans a day at home.
I will drink more water
I will weigh myself every day

As most of you know I am no longer on the Take Shape for Life diet. I have been off since the 31st of October. When I went off I weighed 130 lbs, during my break from the gym I somehow managed to get to 126.5. Since returning back to the gym I have maintained 130lbs. I kinda like 126.5 a little better. :o) But I think that the reason for the fluctuation is the muscle tone that is coming in deeper and stronger. I have biceps people! My legs are defined like I have never seen them. My stomach is still an issue, but I can feel the firmness coming... I still have that horrible 1 to 2 inches of fat/streched out skin over the top.

The 1 to 2 inches might be from the fact that each day last week I would say, "today I am going to do it right, make good food choices, and be healthy and strong" and then I would find myself on a 3rd cookie, or in cinnamon toast crunch for breakfast, or in a whole basket of chips at the Mexican restaurant. That isn't me. Who was that girl? What the heck was wrong with me? That isn't who I have worked so hard to become.

I am one month in to teaching boot camp at IAC, am feeling more and more confident with each class I teach. I am enjoying my healthy life. I have felt a little down lately though with the scale sticking to 130 when I feel like I am so knowledgeable about what I should and shouldn't be doing. Although when I am honest with myself I haven't been making the best of food choices most of the time. Anyway, I am still so happy with the progress I have made, and I owe a lot to Take Shape for Life for teaching me how and what to eat to fuel my body.

When I remind myself often to eat to live, not live to eat. My pants feel looser, my walk is a little lighter, and my run is a lot faster.

I am that healthy girl. I am that healthy mom. I am that healthy wife. All because I want to be. I get to choose to be healthy and exercise and eat right because it is what a healthy girl would do, not because I want to weigh a certain amount. I just do it because I should, and because I feel a whole heck of a lot better about myself inside and out... when I do.

Go me! Here is to a great, healthy, strong week. And stay tuned for Friday, let's see what that devil of a scale brings me!

1 comment:

Amy Jo Tucker said...

dude people are totally reading!!! :) Well I love your blog!! Keep posting just for me!! ehehehe You are such a good example to me!! Thanks for being my idol!! I wanna be like Teri when I grow up! You are so great and have such a healthy attitude!! I love it! Thanks!