Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Dinner Idea

So I sorta took a meal idea and made it my own this week after I found it on this other blog I read... Hey Joob.

I made this and called it a Chicken Fajita Taco Salad

I cut up 2 chicken breasts and seasoned with Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipolte 0 calorie 0 sodium seasoning. I cooked that for 5 minutes or so in a skillet and then threw in some onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, zuchini and squash.
I layed that on top of a huge bed of spinach, cherry tomatoes and a bit of avocado. Added 2 tbsp of salsa to the top and VIOLA..... 15 minutes later I had a delicious, nutritious dinner the whole family loved! (Ok, truthfully, I loved it... hubby was tired and said it was "meh, good." 4 year old wanted it in a taco shell with no veggies at all, and Bubba the 2 year old ate it like his sister of course, with plain spinach on the side.
Crazy kids!) But, I assure you it was super amazing!


No comments: