Thursday, July 5, 2012

Cleaner Windows

"They aren't perfect, but they are definitely better babe!"
-Teri

Out of my mouth today at the end of my window cleaning streak I said that spicy little quote that I wrote in my journal and am thinking about placing on my mirror as well. After I said it, I realized just how insightful and profound those words really are, especially in regards to our fitness and health goals.

The whole round about way this thought came to relate to my personal physique goals is this: (please enter my brain here...) "Hm, I am not really that good at washing windows at all. Just like all the other things I am mediocre at. Why are there streaks everywhere? Meh, (Enter my outloud quote to husband here...'They aren't perfect but they are definitely better.' back to my head 'why is it so easy for me to accept that I am mediocre at many many things but yet I expect perfection out of myself with my food plan, with my workouts, with the way I look? That's so stupid. It takes years and years to put on major muscle (therefore having less fat... I didn't think that part I just wanted to explain why I am so obsessive over the muscle) why do I feel like I need to look like it today?! Everyday is one more step in the right direction if I will just keep moving.' DO DO DO DO DO DO!!!!- 'these darn windows totally relate to me! As long as I can look in the mirror at the end of the day and realize that I am not perfect today (or ever will be obvisously!) but I am better than I WAS, I feel content and happy and excited about that.'

Out of my head now ok!? (I know, I totally think like that, just like I wrote it-- tell me you do that too?!?! someone, anyone?!)

I am not perfect, but I am better than I was.


Obviously I have told you all before that I am a wife and a mom first, then a trainer second in life. I love my job and I love working with people and helping them reach their goals. But, I am not perfect in my training life. I am learning everyday how to be my best trainer and trainee while balancing that with being the best mom and wife I can be too. 


I mean ladies, it aint easy bein us! (Can I get a hell ya here?!)


We got a lotta hats to wear. There are so many things that pull our attention, good things that are deserving of our attention. I have sorta come to grips over the past few weeks that it isn't all about what I look like-- it is all about what I feel like, what I act like, and how I love like.


In all aspects of life-- aim for perfection, knowing that you will fall short because we all will. Just do your best to be better than the day before. Enjoy the ride of life because we really never know when it will all be over. Enjoy your training because you never know if you might get injured or need surgery and be down and out for 6 weeks or 6 months or you may even be told you will never train again. What else do you have in life that will fulfill you if that is gone? Enjoy your family dinners or your birthday parties-- what if someone you loved were taken from you? Enjoy life, it is meant to be lived with exuberance and zest! 


Find your priorities, and don't feel like you have to fit into a certain mold. Be you, because no one does it as well as you do. 

1 comment:

Sable Weisman said...

I seriously absolutely adore this post. Printing & hanging it on my mirror.